Saturday, January 10, 2009

"Zone" Breaky


I am adding this to my blog mainly for my own benefit, the sheet my natropath gave me with this recipe on it is getting all mangled in my kitchen and water drops are washing the ink away. So.....this is the breaky my natropath put em on to to replace porriage with banana and honey. I love it.


2 cups rolled oats
2 cups unprocessed bran
1 cup oatbran
1 cup rice bran
1/2 cup natural sultanas
1/2 cup currents
1/2 cup chopped dried aplicots
1/2 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup green pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds

Being wheat free I have had to alter it a little, I replace the 2 cups of unprocessed bran with a cup of each rice bran and oat bran, or usually 1.5 cups oatbran and half a cup rice bran depending on my mood the day I make the batch. 

I could not find rice bran at the supermarket but I was able to get it at the local gluten free shop. I am sure health food shops would also stock it. 



No comments: