Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday 20th September - Pelican Park 5km

Well, our internet has been slowed down to the slowest of slow dial-up connections cos we used all our broardband usage for the month and someone has sent us a massive massive email and I don’t know how to stop it and I can’t open up blogger cos the connection is so SLOWWWWWWWWWWWW. So I am typing out my blog in word so it will be ready to copy & paste if this email ever finished coming in.

Another nice run today. I met Crissy at the foreshore at about 2:30pm, havn’t seen her in ages so it was great to catch up and do what we both love. We started of very very slow and didn’t seem to pick up any pace till the run was almost over LOL. It was very enjoyable though. I was only going to do 5km which meant 2 laps then a little extra then turning around and coming back. Wasn’t sure what Crissy was gonna do, she mentioned 6km this morning but I thought she would stop with me at the 5….she actually piked it at 4.5km. PIKER PIKER…..nah just kidding. I was gonna stop with her but like to round my runs up to a whole figure…..I don’t like half kms.

Anyway no niggles and the breathing felt very comfortable, maybe cos we were going so slow lol. Here are the stats.

1st km: Time=6.15.10…Pace=6.11
2nd km: Time=6.21.38…Pace=6.14 (12.36.48)
3rd km: Time=6.15.54…Pace=6.16 (18.52.02)
4th km: Time=5.55.83…Pace=5.58 (24.47.85)
5th km: Time=5.49.86…Pace=5.50 (30.37.71)

Was happy that we didn’t finish in over 31mins, I had my doubts as we were really plodding today.

I took my measurements today, no you cheeky bastards I will not tell you what they are! Very scarey stuff, I really hope to make some improvements there.

Can’t wait till Fridays run. I am aiming for 6km in the morning, I wont do a long run till next week. I can’t even imagine trying a 10ker at the moment, having said that I am looking forward to when I do. Feels great to be getting back into it. Well this email is 82% through but I have to prepare some home made pizzas then bath the Popster. I have tried to catch up with everyones blog today, it’s hard with this internet being so slow. We will be back in business Friday.

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Hi there, keep bumping into you in blog/forum land, so thought it was time to check out your blog! Enjoyed reading about your night out, INXS are here in Auck this weekend. Unfortunately I am not going myself, but have a friend who is. Keep up the runs and you'll be back to your best and beyond in no time I'm sure. Remember short and regular beats long/fast and inconsistant any day!

Cheers, MAR.