Sunday, October 08, 2006

Lazy Lazy Lazy, someone kick me up the bum!

I am as lazy with my blogging as I am with exercise at the moment. I missed Fridays run because I hosted lunch for one of my mums groups, I kept tellingmyself it's OK and to just get on the bike. I find the bike fantastic for building leg strength and I feel I am really lacking leg strength at the moment so I don't mind missing a run so much as long as I replace it with a bike session but that doesn't always happen. Anyway it didn't happen. I then missed mondays run....can't remember why but again promiced myself I would get on the bike but due to a FERAL baby I didn't make it again. I did make it out for Wednesdays run though. Hubby got home at 7am and to get out for a run I had to ask him to stay up to watch Poppy, this is a huge ask but the only way I would have been able to run. I only did 4km for two reasons, 1) I have been struggeling and 2) cos as I mentioned I had to hurry home so hubby could get to bed after a 12 hour nightshift. I think that was the first time I have ever done a 4km training run. It was nice and just what I needed. I think i may do a couple more untill I get my confidence back.

Stats :
1st km: Time=6.20.13.......Pace=6.13
2nd km: Time=6.14.40.......Pace=6.11 (12.34.53)
3rd km: Time=6.12.25......Pace=5.52 (18.46.78)
4th km: Time=5.16.59.......Pace=5.35 (24.03.37)

My legs are definately out of condition, they even look different, not as much muscle definition and flabby. I have made alot of improvements to my diet but still seem to be stacking on weight. I don't know what is going on. I wasn't expecting to be losing weight but I certainly wasn't expecting to be gaining it. I am having trouble fitting into my fav pants and had a bit of a sook yesterday about it.

Oh speaking of yesterday, I was meant to go for a run Friday but didn't for girly reasons, I decided to go Saturday instead but as I was hanging my washing out in the morning I realised all my running socks were on the line. That is enough of an excuse for me these days to not run so I decided to bike it instead, but then I thought that cos we were having friends over I would trade my "bike time" for house cleaning time and asked hubby to keep the baby out of my way till I got that done. However, Poppy went down for a nap at lunchtime. She usually has 2 hours do I decided to use that time "working out" SO I did 40mins on the bike (30mins on the vigorous program and 10mins easy cool down) then i did some upper body work and ab work. Felt great. I had INXS pumping through my IPOD and didn;t want to get off that bike.

Today I was going to go for a run but we had friends over last night and I may have had a couple of alcoholic beverages and may have only had 4 hours sleep last night and may be feeling a tad de-hydrated. Not only that but we have two B'day parties to go to today and I straightened my hair yesterday and it still looks awesome so I don't want to ruin it. I really really want to get on the bike though, Hubby is having a nap as is Poppy so I have a chance to get on, I might just have an easy session then do some upper body work & abs. Have to be careful not to sweat too much so I don;t stuff the hair...what's the point then you ask? Well it's a mental thing, I will feel much better within myself if I made an effort no matter how small that effort is.

Can't wait to read the race reports from the Melb Mara today, Crissy & I were going to go watch the start and try to wish Michelle good luck but I woke up still a bit tanked and didn;t want to risk driving, plus Crissy just had an operation and is not feeling too crash hot.

Well I have crapped on long enough, I am going to hop on that bike. My thighs are getting bigger by the minute and I have to put a stop to it.

Stu: Thanks for your comment, so very true. Maybe I need to read back over my blog to remember how happy running was making me.

No comments: