Saturday, August 11, 2007

Finally some endorphins


Can you believe my little man is 7 weeks old? I have some fantastic news, he was weighed last Wednesday and he had put on 210gm in one week so we have finally got somewhere with the feeding. I am so happy and proud, I screamed and hugged the nurse when she told me LOL.

So seeing how I gave birth a massive 7 weeks ago and my milk supply is pretty good now I decided it was time to get my endorphin fix I have been craving for so long and start exercising. I only did 20mins on the bike which actually lasted almost 30mins with all the breaks I had to take to re-settle Ryan, then I did some ab work and some resistance band work with my upper body followed with some yoga stretches. Oooooh it felt good. I would like to do this 3 times a week for now and keep an eye on my supply and if it doesn;t effect it I can step it up and spend more time on the bike.

Once the weather improves I will be able to get the kids out in the pram more often, this will be a much less stressful way of exercising as it is hard to exercise while keeping Anna entertained and Ryan settled between feeds. WOuld be much easier to just shove 'em both in the pram and go for a brisk walk up a hill. Anna is about 14kg now so it would be a good work out.....actually unless it is raining tomorrow we have a big hill walk planned cos we are going to walk to the market then to a mates place.

The new protein packed diet is going well and my sugar cravings are almost non existant now. I have managed to put on another kg with it though and I have only one pair on pants (that aren't trackies) that fit and about 4 tops. Hence me wanting to start exercising again. I just wanna get back into my jeans, not even my skinny jeans, my fat jeans would be a good start *blush*.

ANyway the kids are going great, Anna has perked up alot since she was sick and having tantrums 24/7. Best I go and check on Ryan then have a sponge bath before his next feed in case he doesn't like the taste of sweat.

No comments: