2lt chicken stock
1cup diced potato
1 med diced carrot
I small diced zucchini
1 med brown onion diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 long red chilli (seeds removed and sliced)
1/2 cup dried soup mix
1/2 cup soup pasta
2 stalks celery diced
500gm free range chicken fillets (skinless)
1. brown onion in a little olive oil.
2. add all veg and garlic and heat through a little.
3. add stock and bring to the boil
4. Add chicken and the dried soup mix and cook for 10 mins then remove with a slotted spoon or tongs and shred with forks.
5. Add the chicken back to the pot and bring back to the boil. Add the pasta and simmer till all vegies and pasta are tender.
6. serve, seasoned with cracked black pepper and perhaps some crusty bread.
Notes: I use salt reduced stock, anywhere between 1.5 and 2lt depending on how soupy I want it. You can use whatever veg you like. I have tried this with various spices and herbs but prefer it without any. The original recipe also called for some lemon juice, sometimes I add it, sometimes I don't. Make the clove of garlic a good one ;)